The goal of RecLife ministry is to use sports as a tool for spreading the Gospel of Christ.
RecLife combines the principles of our Christian Faith with the power of sports to provide a platform for spiritual growth and community engagement. Our goal is to use sports as a tool for spreading the Gospel of Christ, fostering character development, teamwork, perseverance, and sportsmanship. It is our prayer that your involvement in RecLife will impact your faith life both on and off the field of play.
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Winter RecLife Activities
Children’s Basketball for Kindergarten through 6th grade
- Tentative age groupings depending upon registration
- Kindergarten Co-ed
- 1st-2nd Grade Co-ed
- 3rd-6th Grade Girls
- 3rd-4th Grade Boys
- 5th-6th Grade Boys
- Practices are Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday evenings
- First Practices: Week of December 11th and 18th
- Game info: 5th and 6th Grade Boys play Friday nights, and all other teams play Saturday mornings.
- First Games: January 5th and 6th
- Last Games: February 23rd and 24th
- Registration closes Wednesday, December 21st
- Registration is $75
Head Coach and Assistant Coach needed for each team. No more than two coaches allowed on bench. Designated and approved coaches to receive discounted registration fee. (Max 2 per team)
Play is scheduled through the Christian Youth Basketball League. Game dates and times vary and will be released by CYBL depending on number of teams they have playing in the league. Games played at locations such as Epworth and Trinity Episcopal Church.
- Official game schedule TBA
- Registration $50 (includes jersey)
RecLife will assist in registering teams from RHBC for this league as well as any individuals interested in being placed on a team in the league.
For more details contact Mike Millington email@example.com.
If you’ve always wanted to become a runner or need a good excuse to take up fitness walking, now’s your chance! Riverland Hills is offering a 12-week program that combines a weekly Bible study with group training sessions to prepare you to run a 5k (3.1 miles) or a 10k (6.2 miles). Walkers will train to walk a 5k event.
- Winter 2023 Program: Starting Date TBD
- The 30-minute Bible study meets at RHBC on Sundays at 6 PM, followed by a group run. 30-minute running/fitness instruction classes meet Tuesdays at 6 PM, followed by a group run. The group also meets on Thursdays at 6 PM for a group run.
- The 5k and 10k running program is targeted to beginners—absolutely no experience is required. Adults and children 7th grade and above are invited to participate. (Youth must attend with a participating adult.) The $50 program fee for new participants in the 5k and the 10k includes a Run for God shirt, a race shirt, and an entry fee for a local race (date TBD)
- Designed for new and experienced walkers, this 12-week program is held at the same time as the Run for God program. Participants gradually increase their mileage slowly in order to prepare to walk a 5k (3.1 mile) event.
- For more information, contact:
- Run with us all year long!
- We have informal walking and running groups that continue meeting during the “off” season:
- All ages are welcome
- Come play with us Wednesday mornings at 10:00 AM
- Tuesday evening play runs March 5th, 2023 through December 5th, 2023 at 6:30 PM and resumes on March 5th, 2024
- Meet in the Gym, access through Entrance E
- One-time $10 fee due at time of registration. Registration forms available at time of play.
- A safe, no frills, no pressure space, the kind of come-as-you-are fitness zone that makes working out easy and fun as we move our bodies to a wide variety of music.
- All ages and ability levels are welcomed and encouraged to participate.
- Give your body, mind, and soul a time to be challenged and recharged.
- Every Monday at 6:30 PM and Friday at 10:00 AM
- Class is free and no registration is required